About Damanpreet Singh
Academic Level Degree Bachelor
Age 28 - 32 Years
I’m a self-motivated SQL Developer with 6+ years progressive experience in Oracle and MS SQL Server databases, equipped with diverse skill set and creative drive to software application development. Well versed in PL/SQL, T-SQL, SSIS and Business Intelligence technologies. Proven track record of designing and implementing flexible and Cost-saving solutions and multitasking of various assignments. Ability to adapt to new technologies coupled with proven capabilities to work in both independent and team environments. Quality driven and hard working with excellent communication and project management skills. Recognized consistently for performance excellence and contributions to the growth of self and that of organization.
*Creativity & Innovation: Proactively produce and implement unique ideas/solutions for problem solving and competitive edge. Took an initiative to learn and implement UDA functionality in order to meet project requirements.
*Adaptable and Self-Motivated: Based on the business requirements, implemented a framework for the team to be followed and use out of the box tools (MS SQL Server) to achieve the desired functionality.
*Leadership: Managed a team of 8 members (including on-shore) and drive the projects till completion. Addressed their concerns and provided them better learning opportunities for their growth and that of organization.
*Communication and Collaboration: Worked with different teams and business users to design and implement a Patch management process.
*Cost-Efficient Solutions: Designed a solution in Oracle EBS to save $10’000 in licensing costs.
*Customer Service: Debugged the Production issues reported within the set SLA’s and kept the users informed of updates.
*Business Analysis/Management: Worked with PMO and business users to gather requirements and design solutions as per Project Timeline.
Agile, Waterfall, Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, ETL, SSIS, SSRS, Business Intelligence Tools, Visual Studio, Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Database Management, Data Warehousing, Quality Assurance.
1. Saved $10’000 in licensing costs of a legacy system by designing application in Oracle EBS.
2. Received “Exceeding Expectation” performance review for 5 consecutive years.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how i can contribute and add value to your organization.
Punjab Technical University
Bachelors in Computer Science
2019 - 2020
As part of IT business transformation program, working to re-engineer major end-to-end business process and apply technology to enable them using Agile methodology. Involved in business analysis and technical design sessions with business and technical staff to develop requirements document and ETL design specifications.
• Created various PLSQL, T-SQL stored procedures, functions, packages from multiple source systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Salesforce, Eloqua, CPQ, etc. to the staging area. for data extraction, asserting extraction issues, performing cleansing algorithms and transformation of data from various source systems in the required target platform (SAP) design.
• Developed SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Access database, Excel spreadsheet, XML files and flat files and load data into destination databases (SAP) for further Data Analysis and Reporting.
• Integrated various external applications using linked servers and managed data and access rights of each application. User, Company, Unit and other organization level data stored and shared across multiple applications through Master Data Management.
• Generated various drilldown, drill through and sub reports for internal request data processing and analyzing purposes using SSRS.
• Scheduled semi-weekly scrum meetings to keep the team informed of the development activities.
• Worked with business users to discuss the requirements and create JIRA tickets for clarifications and issue closure.
• Provided training and mentoring for junior database developer to resume with steady state operations.
2016 - 2019
Emerson IT Solutions
Performed enhancements and development of Java and PLSQL based custom application for configuration of Business products, which as the backbone of entire system was essential for smooth functioning of the organization.
• Worked on migration of recently on-boarded company from legacy systems into Oracle Applications. Automated their core Product price calculation tool using OAF, SQL and Java technology which helped in pricing the products dynamically according to the configured prices in the system, thereby facilitating functioning of a user base of more than 500 users. This helped in saving $10\’000 USD in licensing cost of the tool, for the organization.
• Created SSIS packages to import data from Excel file(.csv) into oracle database tables for providing optimal product based on input data.
• Developed and implemented SSIS process to extract Oracle User Defined Attributes data to populate staging tables for ROFIN interfaces being used in production of Actuator Nameplates. Scheduled database scripts, stored procedures and other SQL objects using SQL Server Agent for the same.
• Created SSRS reports for data analysis purposes.
• Awarded Dedication and Heartbeat awards for implementation of above project.
2015 - 2016
Emerson IT Solutions
Sr. Technical Analyst
Responsible for maintenance, debugging and fixing Production issues which were critical to smooth functioning of the business. Supply chain management plays major role between customer and Manufactures. Worked with users from different world areas such as APAC, US, Europe, Middle East, etc. for different Projects and implementations. In this role, my responsibilities included:
• Analyzing the requirement and providing efforts estimates to business/functional Manager.
• Working closely with Vendors on the Delivery and quality of services.
• Designing the solutions using T-SQL, PLSQL technology.
• Good knowledge in development using SQL, PL/SQL, Database Triggers, Stored Procedures, Packages, AOL Objects, Oracle 11i, Forms and Reports 6i.
• Performed various administrative tasks of creating SQL Server database users and assigning rights, rebuilding indexes and creating linked servers to connect to remote servers
• Making necessary functional and technical documentations for knowledge transfer.
• Awarded a Heartbeat award of Dedication for resolving various business critical issues within the set SLA’s.
2013 - 2016
Emerson IT Solutions
Responsible for understanding and analyzing the impact of patches on Oracle modules in an instance and provide better alternating options to achieve the required functionalities, wherever applicable. Primary role was to achieve Organization’s objective of keeping the database environments up-to-date proactively with that of released by Oracle and to provide right quality of support on time.
• Identify and build the areas for focused testing before any patch moves to production. Worked with different teams within the organization for smooth migration of patches and fixes to Production within the agreed upon SLA’s with customer.
• Good experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Trace files Review, Testing and Quality assurance and scheduling of Concurrent programs. Responsible for debugging and Optimizing SQL objects using SQL Profiler to improve performance related issues
• Proactively identified potential performance issues in Production and provided efficient solutions.
• Built a better tracking system for Patch Management Process with the workflow process built in Serena Business Management tool.
• Served as Interim Team Lead of a 5-member team during the absence of manager and successfully kept all projects on schedule during this period. Worked with team members to address their concerns and provide them better learning opportunities for their personal growth as well as that of the organization.
• Awarded CPR Award for Inter-Team Collaboration and Rewards & Recognition (monetary reward) for creation of a new Patching process.